Tab Refresh issue part 2 - Suite 8

I am having the same issue as here:

Is there a method or some ability to change the default behavior of a tab refreshing the data to NOT refresh the data in between tab changes? It is very odd/awkward to have a grid attached to a tab that is already populated with data be refreshed on a tab click. You can clearly see the data refresh and if a sort is used it resorts …and if you have a leftsplit enabled the scrollbar always starts fresh at the beginning but scrolls to where it was before the tab change? Also, i have a simple layout html: html
(table with numerical data and charts) populated and when you change tabs and go back the data and chart goes away.

Please tell me I an setting the tabbar up wrong to get this unusual behavior. The posted url above mentioned it being a i believe more efficient use but i have the exact same data in an older dhx 5 tab and grid with thousands of recs and it doesn’t flinch in between tabs…in version 8 it’s like hitting the F5 function key or hitting clicking the browser refresh in between tabs

Please advise - thanks!

It is very odd/awkward to have a grid attached to a tab that is already populated with data be refreshed on a tab click. You can clearly see the data refresh and if a sort is used it resorts …and if you have a leftsplit enabled the scrollbar always starts fresh at the beginning but scrolls to where it was before the tab change?

Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce that issue. The following snippet with the tabbar and grid works clearly correct:
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/od74t5el

Also, i have a simple layout html: html
(table with numerical data and charts) populated and when you change tabs and go back the data and chart goes away.

Please, make sure you are using the attach() method:

to add the dhx component to your tabbar/layout cell

If the problem still occurs for you please, provide a complete demo, code snippet or a demo link, where the problem can be reconstructed locally.

Hey sematik…thanks for trying to reproduce the effect I was describing…

I am not sure how to add this code to save on your site so I am posting as-is and it’s a simple ssample that tries to simulate clicking on a “report” to trigger an external function to tally totals and apply to chart and to replace report records in records tab (not simulated as that’s not an issue)

Here you should see:

1. Clicking on a report radio function triggers a printChart function - this works as needed but I cannot figure out why trying to attach a chart to a tabbar layout does not work but attaches fine to a layout not within a tabbar. (See where I commented out //chart_01.data.parse(pieData_01);

2. I added a layour in a tabbar and without and marked accordingly. If you refresh the page (F5) you will see the tabbar clearly collapses and looks like it “repaints” the table cell when empty whereas the layout below simply replaces the data. Also…switching tabs the data disappears…chart too but i cannot simulate that here

3. Once data is in the table onload ot triggering from a radio button …try to go to Tab 02 and go back to see the data disappeears …the chart will too but I cannot figure out how to get it attached to a tabbar in this code

4. Your example for the tab 02 or grid is different than mine (from the grid 5 it was called i believe smart rendering mode)…so I do not know if that is the difference as ALL my records are loaded at once. I still see a “repaint or refresh” effect on your example but it is very subtle with the rendering added. With mine if you move the scrollbar all the way to the right OR the side scroll to the bottom you should see how switching between tabs causes the scrolling to “re scroll” versus a static position of where it was left off as in dhx 5 grid. Please note that it does the same thing in your example.

See dhtmlx 5 grid attached to a tabbar and you should see how nothing is refreshed or resorted or refreshed/painted as in 8 version:

https://dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxTabbar/samples/04_components/01_grid_inside.html

If this is the desired effect the developers wanted then ok…but it’s not for me unfortunately.so, is there a way to simulate a tab bar …I don’t need the animate line but something like 2 conatiners and hide one while clicking on the opposite “tab” and show the other? Like dhx 5 “views”

Always appreciate your time and input!

<html>
 <head>
  <script src="dhtmlxSuite_v80_std/suite.min.js"></script> 
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="dhtmlxSuite_v80_std/suite.min.css"/>

<style>
   .top_border {border-top: 1px solid #dedede; }
   .right_border {border-right: 1px solid #dedede; }
   .left_border {border-left: 1px solid #dedede; }
   .bottom_border {border-bottom: 1px solid #dedede; }

body {margin: 0px;}
  </style>

<script>
   function printChart()
     {
      var total_01 =  Math.floor(Math.random() * 100) + 1;
      var total_02 =  Math.floor(Math.random() * 100) + 1;
      var total_03 =  Math.floor(Math.random() * 100) + 1;

document.getElementById("total_C101").innerText = total_01;
      document.getElementById("total_C102").innerText = total_02;
      document.getElementById("total_C103").innerText = total_03;

const pieData_01 = [
        { id: "C1-01", value: total_01, color: "rgba(254, 185, 56, 0.8)", total: "total_01" },
        { id: "C1-02", value: total_02, color: "rgba(253, 148, 21, 0.8)", total: "total_02" },
        { id: "C1-02", value: total_03, color: "rgba(226, 50, 1, 0.8)", total: "total_03" }
      ];

//chart_01.data.parse(pieData_01);

document.getElementById("total_C201").innerText = total_01;
      document.getElementById("total_C202").innerText = total_02;
      document.getElementById("total_C203").innerText = total_03;

const pieData_02 = [
        { id: "C2-01", value: total_01, color: "rgba(254, 185, 56, 0.8)", total: "total_01" },
        { id: "C2-02", value: total_02, color: "rgba(253, 148, 21, 0.8)", total: "total_02" },
        { id: "C2-03", value: total_03, color: "rgba(226, 50, 1, 0.8)", total: "total_01" }
     ];

chart_02.data.parse(pieData_02);

}
  </script>
 </head>
 <body onload="printChart();">
  <div id="layout"></div>

<script>

record_data=[
       {col_01:"Row 01 data",col_02:"Row 01 data",col_03:"Row 01 data",col_04:"Row 01 data"},
       {col_01:"Row 02 data",col_02:"Row 02 data",col_03:"Row 02 data",col_04:"Row 02 data"},
       {col_01:"Row 03 data",col_02:"Row 03 data",col_03:"Row 03 data",col_04:"Row 03 data"}, 
       {col_01:"Row 04 data",col_02:"Row 04 data",col_03:"Row 04 data",col_04:"Row 04 data"},
       {col_01:"Row 05 data",col_02:"Row 05 data",col_03:"Row 05 data",col_04:"Row 05 data"},
       {col_01:"Row 06 data",col_02:"Row 06 data",col_03:"Row 06 data",col_04:"Row 06 data"},
       {col_01:"Row 07 data",col_02:"Row 07 data",col_03:"Row 07 data",col_04:"Row 07 data"},
       {col_01:"Row 08 data",col_02:"Row 08 data",col_03:"Row 08 data",col_04:"Row 08 data"},
       {col_01:"Row 09 data",col_02:"Row 09 data",col_03:"Row 00 data",col_04:"Row 09 data"},
       {col_01:"Row 10 data",col_02:"Row 10 data",col_03:"Row 10 data",col_04:"Row 10 data"}
     ]

var html_01 = `<table id="C-1" style="height:250px;width:400px;margin:10px; " cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
                     <tr>
                      <td colspan="3" id='chart_01' style='width:250px;height:250px;border:1px solid #ddd;'></td>
                     </tr>
                     <tr>    
                      <td id="total_C101" style="width:33%;text-align:center;padding:5px;border:1px solid #ddd;"></td>   
                      <td id="total_C102" style="width:33%;text-align:center;padding:5px;border:1px solid #ddd;"></td> 
                      <td id="total_C103" style="width:33%;text-align:center;padding:5px;border:1px solid #ddd;"></td>                      
                     </tr>                          
                    </table>`

var html_02 = `<table id="C-2" style="height:250px;width:400px;margin:10px;" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
                     <tr>
                      <td colspan="3" id='chart_02' style='width:250px;height:250px;border:1px solid #ddd;'></td>
                     </tr>
                     <tr>    
                      <td id="total_C201" style="width:33%;text-align:center;padding:5px;border:1px solid #ddd;">0</td>   
                      <td id="total_C202" style="width:33%;text-align:center;padding:5px;border:1px solid #ddd;">0</td> 
                      <td id="total_C203" style="width:33%;text-align:center;padding:5px;border:1px solid #ddd;">0</td>                      
                     </tr>                          
                    </table>`

const layout = new dhx.Layout("layout", {
      type: "none",
      rows: [
        {
          cols: [
                 {
                   width: 275,

{
                      id: "filter",                                   
                      height: "100%", 
                      css: "right_border"             
                    }
                  ]
        },

{

{     
                     id: "tab_container",
                     header: "Tab Container",   
                    height: "50%"
                   },
                   {                   
                    id: "layout_container",
                    header: "Layout Container", 
                    html: html_02,
                    css: "top_border"                  
                   },
                 ]}
                ]
            }
         ]
      });

const form = new dhx.Form(null, {
   padding: 15,

{
            id: "report",
            name: "report",
            type: "radioGroup",
            required: false,
            label: "Report",
            labelPosition: "top",
            value: "group_01",
            options: {
                    {
                        type: "radioButton",
                        text: "Report 01",
                        value: "R01",
                        height: 30
                    },
                    {
                        text: "Report 02",
                        value: "R02",
                    },
                    {
                        text: "Report 03",
                        value: "R03",
                    }
                 ]
             }
          }
      ]
   });

form.getItem("report").events.on("change", function(value) {

if (value=="R01" || value=="R02" || value=="R03")
     {
       printChart();
     }
   });

const tabbar = new dhx.Tabbar(null, {
    mode: "top",            
    views:[
        { id: "tab_01", tab: "Dashboard"},
        { id: "tab_02", tab: "Records"}
    ]
   });

layout.getCell("tab_container").attach(tabbar);

layout.getCell("filter").attach(form);

const layout_tab_01 = new dhx.Layout(null, {

{
         cols: [
        {

{
                    id: "dashboard",
                    html: html_01        

}
            ]}
         ]
        }
      ]
   });

const config_01 = {
  type: "pie",

series: [

{  subType: "none", 
           showText: false,
            value: "value",
            color: "color",
            text: "total",            
            strokeWidth: 0,  
            paddings:0
        }
      ]
  };

const chart_01 = new dhx.Chart("chart_01", config_01);

const config_02 = {
    type: "pie",

series: [

{  subType: "none", 
           showText: false,
            value: "value",
            color: "color",
            text: "total",            
            strokeWidth: 0,  
            paddings:0
        }
      ]
  };

const chart_02 = new dhx.Chart("chart_02", config_02);

tabbar.getCell("tab_01").attach(layout_tab_01);

recs = new dhx.Grid(null, 
    {	
   	columns:       
      [  
        { width: 200, id: "col_01", header: [{ text: "Column 01" }]},
        { width: 200, id: "col_02", header: [{ text: "Column 02" }]},
        { width: 800, id: "col_03", header: [{ text: "Column 03" }]},
        { width: 800, id: "col_04", header: [{ text: "Column 04"}]}
     ], resizable: true,  selection:"row", leftSplit: 2
    });

recs.data.parse(record_data);

tabbar.getCell("tab_02").attach(recs);

</script>
 </body>
</html>

In your layout cell you are placing an html string with the html-table. This html-string will be rerendered after the tab switch, so your content (chart and the total data) get lost after that.
While you can use a dhx.Layout instead of the external html table, which will hold all your needed data won’t be lost.
(the same solution is recommended for your “layout container” chart also).
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/j08817m5
What about the grid, it works absolutely well even in your original code snippet as it is correctly attached to a tabbar cell:
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/ea9ao5st

1 Like

sematik,

Thanks for the explanation of why the data would not be rendered and for posting a working example. I was able to get it working.

Ok, as far as the grid I promise you I am not going crazy (debatable)… But, even with your example going from tab to tab is indeed having an “animated” affect. It is more noticeable when you have the scrollbars to each end…move horizontal all the way to right and vertical all the way down and have the page widened up to show more records. This should give you a better understanding of what I am trying to explain as not moving the scrollbars is very subtle.

From what it looks like it is by design as it moves along with the animated blue underline going from tab to tab. And it is only on a tab change. Once in a tab and working with multiple grids it does not have the same affect. (clicking on a “top” grid to display bottom grid results for example. The scrollbars do not animate…only the records get populated.

I certainly don’t wan to cause a headache so it’s not a concern anymore as it looks animated (similar to this forum post when on entry it scrolls to the bottom of the posts)

As always appreciate the help and thanks for producing a wonderful product!

I understand your note.
This is right, as the grid re-renders after switching to its tab, but all its states restore: sorting, filtering, selection, scroll position, edited data etc.
There is no possibility to change this behavior and keep the grid to be rendered in a non-active tab.