TabBar Orientation

Hello I have two questions.

Given how robust the TabBar module is, I’m certain these can be easily solved. However I’ve looked through the Documentation and Knowledge Base and am unable to find a satisfactory solution.

Issue 1: The Demo on your web page has tabs along the top, bottom and sides. There is a sample in the package. However, the package sample does not function anthing like the Demo on your site. Others have asked this question here, and none seem to be happy with the answer, as you make some reference to a “custom” onSelect feature on the Demo (alternately referred to as an “onClick” to another persons’ similar question). The package sample is useless, because if you have selected a top row tab, then select a left row tab, both remain highlighted, and the content does not change. This mystery onSelect/onClick you use on your Demo would do wonders for those of us giving up on this, and resorting to inquiries here.

Issue 2: Tabs along the left/right - can they be resized? I mean left to right (width) not top to bottom (height). In other words, can the tabs on the sides have the same orientation/look-and-feel as those along the top and bottom?

Thank you for your time, I eagerly await and apprecaite your response.

Respectfully,

Jason

Hello,

>> he package sample is useless, because if you have selected a top row tab, then select a left row tab, both remain highlighted, and the content does not change. This mystery onSelect/onClick you use on your Demo would do wonders for those of us giving up on this, and resorting to inquiries here.

Please, take a look at the sample dhtmlxTabbar/samples/tabs_orientation/tab_all.html

Here you can set onSelect handler that deactivates other tabbars and changes the content:

tabbar.attachEvent(“onSelect”,setContent);
tabbar2.attachEvent(“onSelect”,setContent);
tabbar3.attachEvent(“onSelect”,setContent);
tabbar4.attachEvent(“onSelect”,setContent);
function setContent(id){
tabbar._deactivateTab();
tabbar2._deactivateTab();
tabbar3._deactivateTab()
tabbar4._deactivateTab();
if(this==tabbar) document.getElementById(‘m_zone’).innerHTML = …;
else if(this==tabbar2) …
return true
}

>> Tabs along the left/right - can they be resized?

The 3rd parameter of the tabbar constructor is tab height:

var tabbar = new dhtmlXTabBar(parent,mode,height);

But in this case you should change the images for the left and right tabbars: codebase/imgs/left and codebase/imgs/right