TabBar within a 3 column html layout won't be rendered

Hi,
I created a “3 column html layout” using divs and css. I tried to render a tabbar into the div in the middle. But the tabbar won’t be rendered.
I attached my example.
Column 1 and 3 have fixed width; Column2 with the tabbar should autoresize and fill the rest of the space.

Can anyone help?

Greetings
index.zip (704 Bytes)

Hi,

What are height and width of the “a_tabbar” container ? It seems that it doesn’t get any. Tabbar oppies the whole container where it is initialize. Make sure that this container has desired sizes.

Thank you for your reply.
The tabbar container in the middle has no width and height because it should fill the space between the fixed size left and right column.

I can build the “3 column scenario” with a html table (with fixed width columns on the left and right and a width=100% in the middle).Then the tabbar fills the 100% cell.

Is there no chance to get this goal without a html table?

Please provide the sample that shows that tabbar doesn’t occupy the whole container where it is initialized.

Hi,

I am having a similar problem in IE7. When I put the div tag of the tabbar within a td tag of the a table the tabbar does not render in IE7. It works perfectly fine in Firefox.
If I put the div tag for tabbar out side (not within any table) then the tabbar renders properly.

I have tried removing all the widths in prcentages values and gave fixed widths also, the problem still persists. Kindly help.

Thanks
Sravanthi

Hi,

When I put the div tag of the tabbar within a td tag of the a table the tabbar does not render in IE7.

Tabbar initialization should be called on body onload or after table tag closed.

Hi,

I have figured out the problem. If I give align=“center” in any parent td the tabbar does not render. When I removed it the tabbar rendered properly.

Thanks,
Sravanthi