timeline events on wrong y_unit section to mouse location

Hi,

I am having a few issues with the event being created on a different line to the mouse location.
It seems to be highlighted when there are a lot of lines. I think it might be caused by the css rules in my page that may be altering the scheduler row heights or something.

It also happens if the label for one of the lines goes too long for the container.
I have reproduced this by changing the 06_timeline/03_tree.html example in the v4.3.1 enterprise version which I have attached.
If you try add an event to any of the rows below the two I gave really long labels for, the event goes on the wrong line.
03_tree.zip (1.65 KB)

Hello,

You have set “dy:20” and long section’s text don’t fit into cells of such height. You need or increase the value of dy property, or reduce section text.

Also try to update Scheduler to the latest version. It may solve other issues when event is created on wrong position.

Thanks for the reply,
I would be looking for a solution that allowed the label text to wrap like that without causing the events to go on the wrong lines.
The labels are dynamic and we cant guess how long one of our customers may require them.

Regards.

Hello,

Is there any update on this discussion?
I am having exactly the same problem and I we are also dealing with dynamic labels; in particular I would be interested to know if there is any way to have rows with different heights depending on the length of the section label. (The scheduler manages to take into account the case in which a row is higher due to the presence of overlapping events, but that is not the case if the row is higher because of the length of the section label).

Regards

Hi,

I would be interested to know if there is any way to have rows with different heights depending on the length of the section label.
Unfortunately there is no way to set the height of sections according to their section label length.

Currently this functionality has low priority, but possibly it will be implemented in future. Unfortunately I can’t give you any precise date now.

I can provide you with a solution in case if you have long section name and haven’t enough height to display it.

You need to check the CSS height of element (it is set according to ‘xy’ or ‘xy_folder’ in createTimelineView) and it’s offsetHeight. If the second one is greater than the first, set new value of ‘dy’ and update view.

Please check samples how to implement it:
in timeline bar mode
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/snippet/3071bee9
and in timeline tree mode
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/snippet/ac31ed55