Timeout for the tooltip.

Hello,

The tooltip in the scheduler displayes forever and it can be at times annoying to the user as it might be blocking their view. Is it possible to somehow have a timeout for these so that after a particular time the tooltip disappears?

I know that dhtmlXTooltip.config.timeout_to_display is available to set the time to display. Is there a similar timeout parameter? If not is there a easier way to implement this? As, we have multiple dhtmlx windows used along with the scheduler and the tooltip overlaps the window and the elements inside it are not getting displayed.

Regards
Prashanth

Hello,

Not sure I follow. Are we talking about tooltip extension?
If so - tooltip gets hidden automatically as soon as you move cursor away from event.

In which case it displays forever?

Best regards,
Ilya

Yes, that’s correct. I have a window popup used along with the scheduler. Even if we move our cursor over the popout window, the tooltip is still displayed.

The tooltip does not go away even when the cursor is over the dhtmlx window. This is blocking the content of the window. Is there any way to explicitly disable the tooltip when we open the window and enable it back when it is closed?

Hello,

Yes, you can hide it manually:

dhtmlXTooltip.hide()

Best regards,
Ilya