Toolbar tabbing

To make the Toolbar accessible, I need to be able to navigate into it by tabbing. Is there a way to do this right now?

Doesn’t tab navigation work for toolbar inputs ? Locally we’ve managed to navigate.

Yes, the input elements are tabbable (if that’s a word) but buttons, buttonSelects, twoStates, and sliders are not. I can’t do what I need to do with input elements alone.

I have heard somewhere that if you attach tabindex to a div, it can be made tabbable.

This is why I want dhtmlx to create id attributes for the scripted divs in the toolbar - so I can create hyperlinks that trigger the onclick events in the toolbar. But I am not stuck on this, if there’s a better way to make buttons and buttonSelects accessible, I would love to hear it.

Here’s what I ended up doing. It’s a little dirty but at this point I don’t care.

1. Create a
  2. in the onLoad() function (necessary because of IE) where you initialize your toolbar and buttons, do this for each of your elements:
  3. document.getElementById(‘link_id’).onclick=function() {your button handler}

1. You might choose to hide the links by sticking them in a div that renders off-screen since sighted users don’t need them.