Total Row Count

Hey,
  To follow up:
“Is there a way to get the total number of rows? I’m specifing in my xml via total_count, but getRowsNum() will only return the number of rows actually loaded into the grid and not the total number available.”

When is the update coming out? I’m using PagingWTMode via XMLAutoLoading. Is there a patch that exists?
Also, in a somewhat related question, is there a way in the PagingWTMode to specify that when a user selects a page N, pages 2 to N-1 won’t be loaded into the grid? Something like smartrendering with pages, so if the user wants to see the last page, only the first and last page are retrieved from the server.

Thanks,
Michael

When is the update coming out? I’m using PagingWTMode via XMLAutoLoading. Is there a patch that exists?
The next version of grid will be released in next 24 hours, it will support getRowsNum correctly in case of dynamic loading modes.

>>to specify that when a user selects a page N, pages 2 to N-1 won’t be loaded into the grid?
The existing grid has linear buffer in paging mode, so it not able to work in such way. The oncoming version of grid will support non-linear buffering, so it will be possible to load only current page, without intermediate ones.