Tree badly rendered when document type XHTML 1.0 is used

Hi!
I am using dhtmlxtree Version 2 pro in a java server faces project with facelets (as templating technology). Due to the above requirement I have to use XHTML 1.0 as document type.

The problem occurs in Internet Explorer only.

Please see that the nodes that are open folders are badly rendered, with spaces in between.

In samples of dhtmlxtree, it uses HTML 4.01 as document type

Is it a bug in dhtmlxtree?
Is there any way to avoid this problem?

thanks in advnace,
choesang

Hi all!

I just checked the problem in dhtmlxtree pro version 2.5 and there it works perfectly fine. It seems to be a bug that affects the version lower than version 2.0.

We bought a commercial license sometime back and so was able to upgrade to version 2.0. Does any body know, whether I can also ask for a patch for this bug?

regards,
choe

Hello

Please provide details about the issue. Which browser should be used to recreate the problem ?

Hi!
The problem can be recreated only in IE 8.
I tested it also in IE8 compatibility mode and IE7 mode, but works just fine.

regards,
choe

Hello,

we’ve sent the modified 2.0 tree library by email. Hope it’ll solve the problem.

Hi Alexandra!

Thank you very much for sending me the bug fixed version of dhtmlxtree but unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem for IE8. The above mentioned bug remains the same.

Can you please confirm, that the file you sent me is the correct version of patched dhtmlxtree?

Thank you very much for your help!

choesang

Hello,

please provide the complete demo to recreate the issue.

Please find as attached an example of tree where nodes (with children and in open mode) are widely spaced in IE 8.

Following is the document type, which gives the problem in Internet Explorer 8.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">

I have used the dhtmlxtree version that you sent me.

regards,
choesang
tree IE8 bug.zip (52.3 KB)

Try to use also the latest dhtmlxcommon.js - it’s attached
dhtmlxcommon.zip (6.54 KB)

Thank you very much alexandra, it solved my problem.

I am using dhtmlxSuite_2008Rel3_pro_81009 version, and I have same situation.

I updated the dhtmlxcommon.js, but dot not solve the problem.

Any comments ?

2.0 version doesn’t support IE8.

We have modified the 2.0 version, but I’m not sure that other problem won’t occur with this modification. You may find this version in the sample that tchoesang is attached to one of his posts. And also you should use the latest dhtmlxcommon.js. Probably it’ll help.

Could I possibly get a copy of this as well? I’m having the same issue in ie8.

Thanks

Try to update your version of dhtmlxTree dhtmlx.com/x/download/regular/dhtmlxTree.zip