Tree Filter Example Does NOT Do What it States

I have been struggling with the ‘filter’ method for the Tree component. It turns out that the DHX example is the problem because it IMPLIES that it’s filtering “authors” when it is NOT. It is filtering ALL ‘values’ which also includes all ‘values’ at all levels in the tree hierarchy - including the folders. Here is a snippet showing the problem. I set the filter to the exact parameters in the original example but changed the filter to a string ONLY FOUND in a parent folder and, voila, the alleged “author” filter only finds the folder.

Please provide examples that do what the title states. In this case, “Tree. Data filtering. Authors With A” is NOT what this example does.

It would be VERY helpful to find out how to filter only sublevels in a Tree hierarchy so could someone provide some direction? For example, I have sublevel items that include first and last name. I need to be able to filter by last name. Thanks!

This is an absolutely expected behavior.
Tree filter() method with the function searches the items corresponding to the typed text no matter if they are folders or not.

If you need to apply the filtering only for the “last level” items please, check the “item” object before applying the filter to it:
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/lrkyss5v

Hello and thank you. My point is not the “expected behavior.” My point is the example TITLE suggests that the filter is specific to “Authors” (“Tree. Data filtering. Authors With A”) which - to those of us learning your products - is misleading and had me chasing the wrong method to achieve a desired outcome. Perhaps make the TITLE clearer by stating the filter is ACTUALLY for all VALUES (which may include Authors but will also include all other levels with ‘values.’