I am having a very strange problem with the method calls for the trees not executing properly. For example, after initializing the tree, I call a function, merely for testing purposes, to see if I get returned the expected values; this tree is one of the examples provided in the download package.
tree=new dhtmlXTreeObject("treeboxbox_tree","100%","100%",0); tree.setSkin('dhx_skyblue'); tree.setImagePath("../../codebase/imgs/csh_bluebooks/"); tree.enableCheckBoxes(1); tree.loadXML("../common/tree3.xml"); document.write(tree.getAllItemsWithKids() + 'test');
Although the tree displayed shows that many nodes have kids, this returns nothing but my ‘test’ string. I noticed this problem after I could no longer preset some of the nodes to a checked state and I tested these other methods to see if I could get anything useful as to why it was not working.
It’s interesting to note that although it does not work immediately after the tree has been created, when I call the functions with onClicks, they do work.
Thank you for any information that could resolve this issue.