TreeGrid Performance Tuneup

Current I’m using TreeGrid with static xml loading.
For performance tuneup, I planned to add Smart rendaring and Dynamic loading.

If I use this technique, the following current working functions should not be affected.

• Grid list page horizontal scroll save and retrieve onload to the same position.
  • Drag & Drop ( copy / move is requirement )

Is this possible ? Please give any samples.
otherwise, Any others way to do performance up without affecting those functionality.

Thank you !

The both described behaviors will not be affected ( the horizontal scroll preservation will work fine, the vertical scroll can be a bit tricky - but will work in most cases as well )

If you have less than 1000 records - you can use smart rendering without dynamical loading ( so you case use the same server side code )

Dear Supporter,

Yes. I checked “Drag and Drop” function with dynamic loading. There is no issue.

Misplaced Horizontal instead of Vertical. We mainly need and currently using Vertical scroll save function only.

he vertical scroll can be a bit tricky - but will work in most cases as well.

If “dynamic loading and loadOpenStates” working good, then the vertical scroll position will be possible. But unfortunately there is no better solution for loadOpenStates for dynamic loading.

Vertical scroll bar saving/loading and loadOpenStates/saveOpenStates functions currently working with static loading.
So without these functions, I couldn’t do anymore. I’m struggling to implement performance up.
Any workaround could be more helpful.

Than you !

If you have less than 1000 records - you can use smart rendering without dynamical loading
We are refactoring support with around 1500 records for performance tune up.

The client side code will handle 1500 rows ( in smart rendering or paging mode ) without any problems. Dynamical loading is necessary when you are not using smart rendering ( for some reasons ) or you writing for mobile devices, where amount of transfered data is important.

I tried to implement Dynamic loading in TreeGrid with the following scenario.

• 60 columns 250 rows ( parent level only )

Has taking long time to load and ask “Unresponisive script” alert message also occur.
Even after loaded, not able to access easily. Browser freezed many times.

So I set Smartrendaring to enabled. The loading faster than previous state. But occur script error as follows:

this._fillers is undefined at “dhtmlxgrid_srnd.js” (Line No. 15)

In addition, If I click any closed state row at the bottom, opened and focus into top of grid always. Not focused opened state.

Unfortunately the issue cannot be reproduced locally. Please, provide with any kind of sample of your code or with a demo link, where the issue can be reconstructed.