Trying to customize sort order in timeline view

Hello,

We are trying to sort our “events” in the scheduler timeline view by a value we have given called “role_id” and it almost works. It seems that when there is an unequal amount of “events”, collisions with the events occur. I think the scheduler is trying to keep all the events in a nice tight bundle, instead of spacing everything out. I’ve attatched a photo of our output below (in red are the problem areas) and here is my .js file for the timeline creation

Thanks for your time, hopefully you can help me solve this.

[code]scheduler.createTimelineView({
name: “weekview”,
x_unit: “hour”,//measuring unit of the X-Axis.
x_date: “%g %a”, //date format of the X-Axis
x_step: 4, //X-Axis step in 'x_unit’s
x_size: 42, //X-Axis length specified as the total number of 'x_step’s
x_start: 0, //X-Axis offset in 'x_unit’s
x_length: 42, //number of 'x_step’s that will be scrolled at a time

y_unit: scheduler.serverList("sections"),	//The DB connection sets this list
		 y_property: "class", //mapped data property
		 section_autoheight: true,// PAUL PAUL height for everything

second_scale:{
			x_unit: "day", // the measuring unit of the axis (by default, 'minute')
			x_date: "%l %d" //the date format of the axis ("July 01") - The Weather App Reload this Title
		},

render:"bar",             //view mode

sort: function(a, b) {
			if (a.roleid > b.roleid) {
				// display a before b
				return -1;
			} else if(a.roleid < b.roleid) {
				return 1;
			} else{
				return +a.start_date > +b.start_date ? 1 : -1;
			}
		}
	});[/code]

I’ve also tried to change the sort functions last “else” statement with no change in the results

sort: function(a, b) { if (a.roleid > b.roleid) { // display a before b return -1; } else if(a.roleid < b.roleid) { return 1; } else{ return +a.roleid > +b.roleid ? 1 : -1; } }

Default event placing logic expect that all events are sorted by the date. When different event sorting logic is used it may cause the collisions.

It is not really a bug as overriding sorting logic of events is not a supported use-case.
The only way to fix issue - update the event placing logic, you can open ticket at support system if this is critical requirement for your app.

Yes but why out of order?