txt excell type textarea

Hello,

I’m having some trouble with the txt excell type while using a DhtmlXTreeGrid. For some reason, every time I double-click on a cell that is of txt type, the textarea appears below the grid and is set to a default of 2 lines tall by 36 columns (characters) wide.

My question is, how can I make the textarea appear right at the cell that is being clicked (just like in the samples provided on the website) as well as adjust the size (length, width) of the textarea?

Thanks for the help,

Miguel

>> how can I make the textarea appear right at the cell that is being clicked

The textarea position self behind active cell, the issue in your case can be caused by usage of some specific HTML layout , which prevent correct coordinates calculations.
It hard to suggest something - if problem still occurs please provide any kind of sample where it can be reconstructed.

>>as well as adjust the size (length, width) of the textarea

Width of textarea equal to the width of related column
Height can be changed in dhtmlxgrid.css

.dhx_textarea{
     height:100px;    <= this is it

I figured out what the issue was. It appears that the modified .css file I was using was missing some of the styles, particularly those that had the “position:absolute” for the textarea.

Thank you for your help! Your reply certainly pointed me in the right direction :smiley: