unable to load scheduler in joomla backend,public side ok

Hi All,

I am currently doing a site for a model railway club. The site is still not published to the world yet, but you are able to access the backend if you have access.

I have installed and been working on your Sheduler application… it seems very good and ideal for our needs, but something seems to have gone wrong?

I am still able to see the calendar and add events etc from the front end when logged in as a admin, however i get a error when accessing the scheduler from the back end of joomla. A error message pops up saying there is a config error and trying to restore an xml… which never seems to happen? the error is attached to this post for your convinience.

please can you advise, as i have already tried uninstalling com_scheduler and reinstalling… the old events remain and the error also remains?

Thanks in antisipation…

Eno.

some additional info for you… found the error log - here is the error from that:

[14-Apr-2011 22:10:30] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: a3680px600px2falsetruefalsetruefalsetruetruetruefalsefalsemonthfalse2falsetruefa in /home/mike/public_html/Uminx/KMR/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60
[14-Apr-2011 22:10:30] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^ in /home/mike/public_html/Uminx/KMR/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60
[14-Apr-2011 22:10:30] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in /home/mike/public_html/Uminx/KMR/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 111
[14-Apr-2011 22:10:32] PHP Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, ‘<’ not found in /home/mike/public_html/Uminx/KMR/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

for your info… the last thing i did in the backend of the scheduler was to change the default view from Month to Week.

Hello,

Re-install doesn’t affect previous data but I doubt it will help.
If ‘Restore default’ button is still there you can try to use it. It will reset all your scheduler’s settings though.

Best regards,
Ilya

Yes be wary of hitting the default button AT ALL
I did it tonight and now all my extra field Info has been erased from the database
Why does it do that
Why does it erase all the info
I’ve lost about 8 months of info now .
My fault I know but why does the scheduler take upon itself to remove ( delete ) the extra fields when alls you are trying to do is get it back to the default settings
Lesson Learnt :frowning: