Unable to scroll on gantt grid while dragging a Task

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone could help me with this.

I have an implementation where I have, let’s say, a Grid and Timeline, side by side.

When I start dragging a Task, I am unable to use the mousewheel to scroll when my cursor is on the Grid. The scroll events are not even fired. I noticed that if I mouse my mouse, sometime it will sporadically fire and scroll, but not consistant.

When I am dragging a Task, and move my cursor on top of the Timeline, now the Mousewheel works fine and I am able to scroll.

Does this issue sounds familiar to anyone? Would really appreciate the help :slight_smile:

Hello Karl,
I couldn’t reproduce the issue.
When the mouse is over the grid and scales, the mouse wheel is working:
https://files.dhtmlx.com/30d/7c6038dcfbcff99b8d6b9e2cc661ae2d/vokoscreen-2023-11-01_11-47-57.mp4

Probably, the issue is related to the Gantt configuration, but it is hard to suggest what might be wrong as I don’t see your code.
Please add your configuration to the following snippet and make sure that the issue is reproduced there:

Then, click on the Save button and send me the link.
Or send me a ready demo with all the necessary JavaScript and CSS files so that I can reproduce the issue locally.

Hi ramil, thanks for your answer.

Do I only need to copy the gantt.config object?
Yesterday I stripped down my app to almost the minimum and it was happening. We have 2 implementations of the library, one on 7.1 and one on 6.1 and the issue happens on both for some strange reason.

Hi again ramil,

I did more testing today and it seems like the dragged item is blocking the onScroll/onGanttScroll event.

If I move my mouse quickly up or down and scroll with my mousewheel, it will sporadically work.

I also stripped my app from most files, and the issue was still persisting.

Hello Karl,
If you can reproduce the issue in the snippet, you can add the configuration you have that is enough to reproduce the issue. Sometimes, it is enough only to add properties from the gantt.config. object. Other times, it is necessary to add the event handlers and custom functions.

You can change the Gantt version here:

When I drag a task in the 7.1 and 6.1 versions, the mouse wheel is able to scroll the timeline up or down:
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/04m61fer