Uncaught Exception Firefox Window Maximize

Using Windows 7, FF 4.0.1, DHTMLX Windows 2.5

When executing objWindow.maximize() browser hangs and the ENTIRE window goes black (see attachment).

After closing the browser window the following error shows up in the Javascript error console.

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception… “Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIDOMWindowInternal.alert]” nsresult: “0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)” location: “JS frame :: localhost/maess/quotes_update.ph … =&itemId=0 :: useFullWindow :: line 416” data: no]

(Of course, the URL and the funciton name useFullWindow are mine.)

Works like a champ in Chrome 12 and IE 9 and Safari 5.

Upgraded to most current Firefox and the problem remains.

Could you attach the complete sample ? docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=othe … leted_demo

That will be most difficult. The system includes literally hundreds of integrated PHP files, along with scores of js file and and images. I had hoped that for something so obviously bad you would’ve encountered before. I will trace through the js maximize code and see if I can at least identify at what point things go haywire. Perhaps that would help in identifying the problem. Obviously it’s a very mysterious manifestation.

I’ve never used Firebug before in Firefox, but I did try to step into the code that gets executed when I execute the objWindow.maximize(). As you can see in the attached screen shot, the maximization process has started, with the child window now placed into the upper left corner and extending across the width of the window. Also evident is that the child window content section has not yet been expanded to fill the actual child window. As soon as I step into the instruction that follows the _genStr entry appearing in the stack window, the Firefox window goes entirely dark and everything is non-responsive, as originally described in my post. Is this information helpful at all? Or, are there other breakpoints or something I could set to help isolate the problem?

Please try to use the latest version of the component 3.0. If the problem is not solved, please attach the complete demo. It should be the sample without server-side scripts and that contains only code related the issue.

It appears that the problem – though unique to FireFox – has something to do with something in my code somewhere. I took considerable time to build a testbed application and found that it worked as it should. This means there’s something in my code that triggers the total wipeout in Firefox but causes no problem in IE or Chrome. I’m satisfied with this diagnosis, and accept that in this case the burden is my own. Thanks for your patience.


Hope the problem will be solved. If you have not succeeded, try to update the version of the component. Possibly the latest dhtmlxWindows will fix the problem.