Unclear about how to use new Export to pdf and excel methods

Hi, I have looked at this page
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … ata_export
but still have questions.

Do I have to use $grid->set_config(new GridConfiguration());
I already have the configuration set up on the client side. I want to export to excel all of the dynamically loaded data that would be displayed in the grid, even that not loaded yet.

I understand I will have to write my own conversion service dhtmlx.com/docs/products/devExch … nerate.php
but what data will be passed to it?

-Greg

When you need to export grid, which you already have configured on the client side, you can use client side export script
dhtmlx.com/blog/?p=553

The solution, provided as part of connectors, can be used when you have not client side code, but need to export data directly from DB. In such case you need to define GridConfiguration

I understand I will have to write my own conversion service
Nope, check the above link, it contains ready to use converting scripts.

I looked at that, it seems that it is not set to work with smartrendering? I have recordsets of several thousand, of which only 100 may be loaded into the client side grid itself.

Greg

Yep, in case of dynamic smartrendering - you can’t use export from client side.
In such case you need to use GridConfiguration and define all header data on server side.

docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … erver_side

Does it not work with $gridConn->render_sql(…
I have a slightly more complicated select, and am trying to use render_sql rather than just render

But I am getting a zero k xls file.
Greg

If you are using full header initialization ( not the empty GridConfiguration call ) - it will work with render sql.

When you are using empty GridConfiguration call, component will try to fetch grid’s structure directly from DB, which will not work for render_sql