Update not firing

I downloaded the Standard suite 2.6 and unzipped it into the following directory:

/dhtmlx

I have the following directories:
dhtmlxAccordion
dhtmlxAjax
dhtmlxCalendar
dhtmlxChart
dhtmlxColorPicker
dhtmlxCombo
dhtmlxConnector
dhtmlxDataProcessor
dhtmlxDataView
dhtmlxEditor
dhtmlxForm
dhtmlxGrid
dhtmlxLayout
dhtmlxMenu
dhtmlxSlider
dhtmlxTabbar
dhtmlxToolbar
dhtmlxTree
dhtmlxWindows

I also downloaded the dhtmlxConnector v1.0 for PHP and created a directory for it (since the top level of the zipfile is codebase) along with the others:
dhtmlxPHPConnector

I have written the connector PHP script on the server side:

<?php require("dhtmlx/dhtmlxPHPConnector/codebase/grid_connector.php"); require("dhtmlx/dhtmlxPHPConnector/codebase/db_postgre.php"); $res=pg_connect("host=localhost port=5432 dbname=cidb user=cm"); $gridConn=new GridConnector($res,"Postgre"); $gridConn->enable_log("/tmp/gridlog"); $gridConn->render_table("bms_ant_build_parameters","build_configuration","build_configuration,java_version,xsd_builder,xsd_supress,wsdl_builder,wsdl_supress,idl_supress,ant_flags,first_active_version,last_active_version"); ?>

The code for the client grid is as follows:

[code]

[/code]

The grid draws, the filters work and I see the SELECT statement in the log on the server side.

When I change a cell in the grid I never see the UPDATE statement trigger - the log never moves on the server side.

Am I doing something wrong? If I can get this to work I can get CRUD applications up pretty quickly.

Is there something built into the grid that allows deleting or adding records in the grid/database or do buttons have to be added to the form that manipulate the grid for that?

When I change a cell in the grid I never see the UPDATE
Beware that value changing through API doesn’t trigger update by default, only edit operations through GUI triggers update.

dp.init(‘antBuildParametersGrid’);
must be
dp.init(mygrid);

other code is correct

You can place custom button on the page and assign to them

mygrid.addRow(mygrid.uid(), [ array of values here ]); //or mygrid.deleteSelectedRows();

Thanks for the reply.

I did fix that and it works. I also have the delete and add working. The only thing is that I had to put a text field along with the Add button so the ID could be entered (the ID is also the first column in the table and is not generated).

The automatic updates along with the add/delete capability without having to code all of the SQL and logic to handle it within the grid is very cool.

Now that I have this one working I will be able to use this as a template for just about any set of display/update/add/delete operations for most tables.