using blockTime

Hi,
I’m doing experiments with dhtmlScheduler 3.0, and I’m having difficulties with time slots.
I have three types of time slots: free, where the user can put events; soft-blocked, where the user is not supposed to put event but exceptionally can; and blocked, where the user can’t put events.
Actually I use a dynamic-generated background in the week view to simulate soft-blocked time slots, generating an image with different background color for those slots, showing to the user visually and let him decide.
For the totally blocked slots I wish to use the blockTime feature but:

• in the last example of the documentation - scheduler.blockTime(0, “fullday”,“weekly”) - there’s a third undocumented paramenter “weekly”: which values are valid and how can I use it?
  • is there a way to block for example from 12:00 to 13:00 of every day? Actually I’ve added the blocktime seven times (one for each weekday)

In general I think there’s a bit lack of “control” if we have to manage a simple calendar but with slightly complex blocked timeslots (for example: “we cannot put meetings in this room the second and fourth monday of each month”, or “we are closed every sunday, except the first of each month”). Also I’ve feelt the lack of the possibility to set a background (or a style, in general) at time step level, forcing me to fall to the dynamic-background solution.

Thanks in advance, hope that my suggestions helps you.

which values are valid and how can I use it?
That was a typo in the sample, normally only two parameters need to be used.
Third one can be used to define time-blocking for specific units|sections ( can be used in combination with unit view , timeline ) - this functionality was not released with scheduler 3.0, but updated files can be found on forum ( and wil be included in the next version )

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19559&start=10

is there a way to block for example from 12:00 to 13:00 of every day?
You need to define a day or date, there is no way to block globally.

we cannot put meetings in this room the second and fourth monday of each month
We plan to introduce the third way to define dates for limits - through custom functions, which will solve such kind of problem.

I’ve feelt the lack of the possibility to set a background (or a style, in general) at time step level
Yes, current implementation of week-unit view has such problem. We have some plans how to improve it in the next versions.