using colspan in XML with splitAt

I’m using dhtmlxGrid Pro v1.3, I’m having issues with colspan in a grid created from XML, converting the same grid to HTML works, but I’m using the splitAt function which I understand can’t be used w/ tabletogrid.

the problem occurs when I try to span more than two columns – colspan=“2” works fine, colspan=“3” causes errors on line 21 of dhtmlXGrid_splt.js or line 240somethin’ in another .js file if I change a few things.

also, it seems that if I do a colspan=“2” on one cell, I’ve got to create a spacer cell that isn’t shown for the second column – is this intentional or a bug? is there any documentation relating to how the colspan is supposed to work? I don’t it used in many samples, but throwing splitAt into the one example I did find breaks it.

Colspans has limited support of splitAt mode
While you can safely use colspans in right part of grid, the colspans can’t be created in left part of grid ( basically they can be created but it will cause problems for other functionality )
If problem still occurs for you - please provide any sample of XML, with which problem can be reconstructed.

>> it seems that if I do a colspan=“2” on one cell, I’ve got to create a spacer cell that isn’t shown for the second column
In case of colspan initialization from XML , you need to have “cell” tags for ALL cells

so without colspan

with colspan

so even, if cellincluded in colspan, it must have related tag in XML