Using data from an event to generate printable form

Hello!

I would really like the Community’s input on how to tackle a specific task I need to complete with Scheduler.

In short, I want a print-optimized HTML/PDF-template to be populated with data from a single event in the Scheduler. Ideally, a button with the text “Print” is displayed within the event-window which, when pressed, will pop-up a new window containing the populated template.

I should mention that there will be a couple of custom fields for the events: name, address, phone#, and so forth.

Never having worked with Scheduler, or anything like it, before, I would appreciate any input and assistance you could provide.

Thanks

Ideally, a button with the text “Print” is displayed within the event-window

Can be done by creation custom form section, or adding button to the existing section
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … ion_header

I should mention that there will be a couple of custom fields for the events
When lightbox is opened, you can access ID of currently active event as
scheduler._lightbox_id

so you can send this ID as parameter to popup and extract additional fields from DB , based on that ID

or

you can add any number of custom fields to the scheduler - just mention them inside render_table command. On client side all of them will be available as

scheduler.getEvent(id).field_name

Thank you for your prompt response.

What I didn’t mention in my last post is that I’m using the Joomla version of Scheduler (full package 2.2) and I’m having a hard time figuring out which files to edit.

First of all, I envision the code for the custom button and the function its calling looking something like this:

{name:"description", height:130, map_to:"text", type:"textarea" , focus:true, button:"print"}

and

scheduler.locale.labels.button_print="Print Me!";
scheduler.form_blocks.textarea.button_click=function(index, src, sec, data){
             // active event's id
             var id = scheduler._lightbox_id;

// collect data from event in question
             var first_name = scheduler.getEvent(id).first_name;
             var last_name = scheduler.getEvent(id).last_name;
             var phone = scheduler.getEvent(id;).phone;
             // ... and so forth

// code to send data to receiving script goes here
             // e.g. Ajax-call to my "pop-up print-script"
}

Adding the custom fields is a breeze with the new Scheduler-admin gui in Joomla, but I haven’t the slightest idea where to put this code.

Oh and by the way, how would you send the data to my html-print generator? I was thinking about using Ajax and pushing the data as POST, but I don’t know. I wouldn’t want anyone calling my script from outside Joomla.

Thanks again!

Its a bit complicated in case of Joomla plugin.
The configuration of lightbox is created dynamically, so there is no way to simple add some code to have a custom button on the form.

As one of possible workarounds, you can add the code to the
codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php

locate there

$fieldsString .= '{name:"time", height:72, type:"time", map_to:"auto"}';

and add button parameter to it

As for custom js code - you can add it to the end of dhtmlxscheduler.js