Using dhtmlxMenu as a ContextMenu with Schedule - Section ID

I am using the dhtmlxMenu object with the Scheduler and have set it to renderAsContextMenu.

I am using the Timeline view and have rendered it as a ‘tree’.

I am able to show the context menu and when I right mouse click inside the Scheduler I can retrieve the eventid of the underlying event or null if I click on an empty cell. However I cannot retrieve the section id value of tree node when I RMC on any of the tree sections.

Is there a way of getting the sectionid of a node in the tree? :question:

The folder_events_available attribute is set to true.

Thanks

Martin

I have been trying several things to get this to work but I am still not able to get the contextmenu to work on the tree sections of the new Scheduler.

Stanislav do you have any ideas how I could overcome this problem :question:

Hi Stanislav

Since I have not recieved any replies to this query am I right in saying that it is not possible to show a contextmenu for the sections on the y axis when used as a tree.

As I have used contextmenus with a standard tree object previously it obviously can be done, will you be extending this for use in the Scheduler and if so will this option be available soon?

Regards

Martin

Hello, Martin.

I am sorry for the late answer.
You can try the following:

scheduler.attachEvent("onContextMenu", function (event_id, native_event_object){ if(scheduler._locate_cell_timeline(native_event_object)) { var section = scheduler.matrix.timeline.y_unit[scheduler._locate_cell_timeline(native_event_object).y]; var section_id = section.key; } ... }
where scheduler.matrix.timeline.y_unit is the name of your timeline view.

Best regards,
Ilya

1 Like

This worked perfect for me, also 10 years later :slight_smile: