Vertical x-Axis labels?

Hi,

First off - what an amazing product range you have … I’m only using the chart library but I’m pretty sure it wont be long until I’m using a lot more …

Is it possible to display the X Axis labels vertically ? I’m using AJAX to bring in new values every x seconds and using the X Axis for time - but after a couple of additions the times are unreadable when the labels are displayed horizontally as they are now …

I searched for “vertical” and looked in the API docs and couldn’t see any options …

Thanks
Paul

there is no built in support, but you have two solutions

a) define custom css rules for labels and include in them css transformation rules, which will rotate text ( may be a bit complicated on practice )

b) instead of rotating the text you can show not all labels but only part of them
instead of

template:"#id#",

you can use

template:function(obj, common, data){ if (obj.id%2) return obj.id; return ""; },

logic of above method can be changed in such way, that it will adapt to total count of records ( the more points, the more it skips )

Hi,

Thanks for those suggestions - infact while i was awaiting and answer on this forum I did find a very easy way to rotate text in all browsers … CSS …

However I noticed that the correct CSS class isn’t added to the X Axis labels - here is an example of the chart im using :

[code]

Bikes on Hire
Time
[/code]

You notice that the Y Axis items have a class of “dhx_axis_item_y” - but the X Axis items have no such class … i think they should have a class of “dhx_axis_item_x” - but it doesnt seem to be working - are you able to assist ?

Hi,

Try using dhtmlxchart.js attached here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16316

it sets class for x-axis labels

That didnt fix my problem - do i also need the css ?

Sorry for the misleading information - that file doesn’t set the css class.

Try to use the attached file
dhtmlxchart.zip (17.1 KB)

Perfect thanks … now a simple CSS update and I have Rotated text …Thanks for your help

Hello,

Is is possible to move x-axix and the bars higher so that I can use longer vertical labels?

Thank you.

You can use padding.bottom

docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … barpadding