visual editor

I suggest development of a visual editor to do the html and the connector. I have been over a week building my application so far, and it’s not connected to the database yet.

After having researched this all day, I found no good options for a visual editor that would have the features you have in components. So I will now work on database design tutorials, and learn to use the Connector.

I have also found, that dhtmlx may just be the best product on market, so it’s up to you to make it easy for us designers! I’d also suggest work on Accessibilty/ 508 Compliance, and separating the CSS design from the javascript better. The CSS could be completely separate from the editor though.

Thanks!

There are two separate project, which now in work, and will be released in first quarter of 2011

Report Builder - tool which allows to create server side connector, by visual modeling DB object ( like access )
UI Designer - tool for visual designing UI, which will allow drag and configure necessary elements, without need to dive in js code.

Nice!
Will this be in my upgrades for the year?

Yep, we plan to include them all in the next major update.

Report Builder - tool which allows to create server side connector, by visual modeling DB object ( like access )
UI Designer - tool for visual designing UI, which will allow drag and configure necessary elements, without need to dive in js code.

What about “handler/listerners” functionalities? Will that be covered too?

As a developer I’d need a “design tool”, a “data tool” and a “handler tool” which gives me the possibilty to combine design and data with at least basic functionlities.

I guess this will give your tool an advantage over sencha, which is quite difficult to bring to life.

Oncoming version will have 2 from 3

• visual designer
  • datasource manager

As for handlers - situation is a bit more complex. Good handlers management require very tight integration with IDE, which is impossible in our case.

Where is the report builder?

Now there is a Global DataStore (which is a great help and idea), a connector and a dataview. but how are they connected? I couldn’t find any samples using the dhtmlXDataStore in the 3.0 download.

I also couldn’t find any documentation or samples how to conncet the dhtmlXDataStore to a MySQL database. I’ve really expected a help tool to bind dhtmlXFunctionalities (in this case dhtmlXDataStore) with my database via php.

Scripting php by my side puts me back to other product solutions … :frowning:

hmmm!!! i am waiting…