What modifications are counted as a new project?

Hi!
I’m a consultant and I need to develop a gantt app in React for a client of mine(it’s a company).
I’m planning to buy Dhtmlx Gantt with Enterprise license( which can be used in 5 projects). My client wants the source code of the app to be able to modify the app himself in the future. I understood that if I buy the pro license and develop an app for a third-party client company, I’m allowed to give them only the minified(compressed) gantt.js file in the ‘codebase’ folder (NOT the gantt.js file in the ‘source’ folder).
(Did I say something wrong so far?)

My doubts are:
1- What kind of changes is my client allowed to do to the React app’s source code that are NOT counted as a new project?

2- If my client will decide to rebuild by himself the app in Angular instead of React, is he allowed to do that? And will it count as a new project for my license?

3- How do you determine if a new project has been deployed with a license?

Hello Mike,
We discussed these questions in the email.

To make sure that the questions are covered and for everyone else, here are the answers.

I understood that if I buy the pro license and develop an app for a third-party client company, I’m allowed to give them only the minified(compressed) gantt.js file in the ‘codebase’ folder (NOT the gantt.js file in the ‘source’ folder).
(Did I say something wrong so far?)

That is correct.

1- What kind of changes is my client allowed to do to the React app’s source code that are NOT counted as a new project?

According to the license terms, you can use Gantt in your project. You are free to modify your project as long and as much as you like. When your customers receive your project, they are not allowed to modify the part of the code that is related to Gantt.

2- If my client will decide to rebuild by himself the app in Angular instead of React, is he allowed to do that? And will it count as a new project for my license?

Modifying your application is outside of the scope of the Gantt license, so your customers can modify your application if you want. But if they want to modify the part that is related to Gantt, they need to purchase the license.

If Gantt is added as a javascript file to the HTML page, there is the possibility that the Gantt part is not modified. In that case, your customer is allowed to rebuild the app in Angular.
But in most cases, Gantt is added as a React component. Though it can be that you just need or remove a few strings, formally it is a modification of the Gantt related code, so, it is not allowed.

However, your customers can ask you to modify the part that is related to Gantt and send them the updated project. You can freely do that.

3- How do you determine if a new project has been deployed with a license?

Usually, it’s up to you to determine the license type of your project. However, the Standard version of Gantt has the GPL license. So, it should be included only in the GPL-compatible licenses:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses

The Pro version can be used in the projects with any license type.