Where to put images?

I keep getting this error:

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches “/imgs/sky_blue_grid.gif”):

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches “/images/dhtmlx/imgs/sort_desc.gif”):

In my app/views/qtl_table/view/html.erb:

View all QTLs

var grid = new dhtmlXGridObject("grid_here"); //grid.setImagePath("../../public/images"); grid.setImagePath("/images/dhtmlx/imgs/"); grid.setHeader("QTL name, Parent 1, Parent 2"); grid.attachHeader("#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter"); //added ! grid.setColSorting("str,str,str"); //added ! grid.setSkin("dhx_skyblue"); grid.setInitWidths("100,100,*"); grid.init(); grid.load("/qtl_table/data.xml");
    <%- logger.debug "\n CREATE NEW DP\n"%>
    dp = new dataProcessor("/qtl_table/dbaction.xml/");
    dp.init(grid);
    </script>
    <input type="button" value="Add" onclick="grid.addRow(grid.uid(),'new QTL')">
    <input type="button" value="Delete" onclick="grid.deleteSelectedRows()">

grid.setImagePath("/images/dhtmlx/imgs/");
This command says to grid, that it can find it’s images in the target folder, you need to

a) create such folder in webroot and place there images from codebase/imgs in grid’s package ( of course you can adjust the name of folder )

b) if you are using rails 3.0 - you can point the above command to url which will give access to assetts of dhtmlxgrid.

Stanislav, could you expand more on option b) ? By url are you saying we’d give a full “http:localhost:3000/assets/codebase/imgs” ? I’m on Rails 3.2.11 and not figuring out the correct path for this grid.setImagePath issue

myWebApp
app
assets
codebase
imgs
sort_desc.gif

I’ve tried every combination of those directory levels, both as full URL and as paths, leaving off the localhost:3000/ part.

Please check the next comment in the blog
dhtmlx.com/blog/?p=426#ror3