xquery problem in grid

this is my xquery

i want to return the value from xquery between $searchHotelCode/dtDateFrom and $searchHotelCode/dtDateTo But my query it is not running

my xquery passing value for particluar case is

{FOR $searchHotelCode in document(‘HotelNav’)/Hotels/Hotel where $searchHotelCode/vcAssociatevcAssociateCode=‘HRY’ and $searchHotelCode/vcPlaceCode=‘DEL’ and $searchHotelCode/vcRateType=‘Special FIT’ and $searchHotelCode/vcCountryValidity= ‘General’ and ( $searchHotelCode/dtDateFrom >=‘12/21/2008’ and $searchHotelCode/dtDateTo<=‘12/21/2008’) RETURN $searchHotelCode }

string strXMLPlace = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/XML/Hotelinformation.xml");

string strNavNamePlace = “HotelNav”;

XQueryNavigatorCollection navcolPlaces = new XQueryNavigatorCollection();

XmlDocument xDocPlace = new XmlDocument();

xDocPlace.Load(strXMLPlace);

navcolPlaces.AddNavigator(xDocPlace.CreateNavigator(), strNavNamePlace);

// string strXQuery = “{FOR $searchHotelCode in document(‘HotelNav’)/Hotels/Hotel where $searchHotelCode/vcAssociatevcAssociateCode=’” + strHotelCode.Trim() + “’ and $searchHotelCode/vcPlaceCode=’” + strHotelPlaceCode + “’ and $searchHotelCode/vcRateType=’” + strRatetype + “’ and $searchHotelCode/vcCountryValidity= '” + strCountryValidity+"’ and ($searchHotelCode/dtDateFrom >=’" + ToDate+"’ and $searchHotelCode/dtDateTo <= ‘" +ToDate +"’) RETURN $searchHotelCode }";

string strXQuery = “{FOR $searchHotelCode in document(‘HotelNav’)/Hotels/Hotel where $searchHotelCode/vcAssociatevcAssociateCode=’” + strHotelCode.Trim() + “’ and $searchHotelCode/vcPlaceCode=’” + strHotelPlaceCode + “’ and $searchHotelCode/vcRateType=’” + strRatetype + “’ and $searchHotelCode/vcCountryValidity= '” + strCountryValidity + “’ and ( $searchHotelCode/dtDateFrom >=’” + ToDate + “’ and $searchHotelCode/dtDateTo<=’” + ToDate + “’) RETURN $searchHotelCode }”;

XQueryExpression xexpr = new XQueryExpression(strXQuery);

string resultXML = xexpr.Execute(navcolPlaces).ToXml();

DataSet ds = new DataSet();

DataSet dsHotelInformation = new DataSet();

ds.ReadXml(new StringReader(resultXML));

if (ds.Tables.Count > 0)

{

// strHotelCode = ds.Tables[0].Rows[0][0].ToString();

}

// return strHotelCode;

return ds;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

HRY

STAR HOTEL

DEL

Standard Rooms

11/11/2008

03/31/2009

Special FIT

General

INR

1680/1830/600

HRY

STAR HOTEL

DEL

Deluxe Rooms

11/11/2008

03/31/2009

Special FIT

General

INR

2535/2685/600

HRY

STAR HOTEL

DEL

Super Deluxe Double Rooms

11/11/2008

03/31/2009

Special FIT

General

INR

4065/4215/600

I’m not really sure, how this related to functionality of component?
The grid itself is fully client side and not related to any server side functionality, it just need an xml stream with data in predefined format.