dhtmlxScheduler Fatal Error

Hi there,

The Scheduler installed perfectly, but whenever I try to add events in the backend and save, I get the following errors:

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, ‘<’ not found in /share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Joomla/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: a4680px600px2falsetruefalsetruetruefalsefalsetruefalsetrueyeartrue2truetruefalse in /share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Joomla/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^ in /share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Joomla/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Joomla/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 111

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in /share/HDA_DATA/Qweb/Joomla/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 111

Is there anything you can suggest without more information? I’m using Joomla 1.5.

There was some problems with your configuration, which crash configuration settings.
We are preparing update which will resolve such problems automatically.

Most probably update will be available on the next week.

Great thanks :smiley:

I downloaded the plugin for Joomla (from this site today).
Installed without any problem on Joomla 1.5.20
Works well for a while and then - following a series of changes to a recurring event in the schedule in the frontend (no changes were applied in the backend) - it fails when opening Scheduler again in the backend.
Result fatal error (in the backend).
Frontend is still working but it fails later also with fatal error.
Error messages are :

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, ‘<’ not found in /var/www/vhosts/bb.be/httpdocs/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: a1680px600px2falsetruefalsetruefalsetruetruetruefalsefalsemonthfalse2falsetruefa in /var/www/vhosts/bb.be/httpdocs/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^ in /var/www/vhosts/bb.be/httpdocs/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/bb.be/httpdocs/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 111

Is this problem similar to the above ?
Has a fix been released ?

thx

I installed the Scheduler on Joomla 1.5.20, PHP 5.2.
Looks like a great component, that I really would like to use.
But I as well get Fatal Error. When trying save from backend.

What to do?

Kind regards
Thomas Lester

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, ‘<’ not found in /home/www/efterskoler.ivk-projekter.dk/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: a1680px600px2falsetruefalsetruefalsetruetruetruetruefalsemonthfalse2falsetruefal in /home/www/efterskoler.ivk-projekter.dk/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

Warning: simplexml_load_string() [function.simplexml-load-string]: ^ in /home/www/efterskoler.ivk-projekter.dk/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 60

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in /home/www/efterskoler.ivk-projekter.dk/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 111

Hello,

I get the same problem. Can i solve this by hand and how?

Thanks,

Thierry

Ps : i didn’t saw version number of this component in configuration. Could you add it ?

Updated version of plugin just was released - try to update plugin and use “reset default” buttons on scheduler’s settings page if error still appears.

dhtmlx.com/blog/?p=587#more-587
dhtmlx.com/docs/download/joomla_ … eduler.zip
dhtmlx.com/docs/download/event-c … eduler.zip

Donwloaded the new plugin (from 15 sept),
installed it on a Joomla 1.5.20 and upon first click in the backend (Components>Scheduler) it fails with the following msgs;

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 76 in /var/www/vhosts/b.be/httpdocs/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 98

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/b.be/httpdocs/components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 142

Still made an entry in the menu to use the calendar but upon clicking that menu entry in the front-end it gives the same two messages as above (identical as the backend error msgs)

Since I cannot reach the Scheduler’s settings in the backend I cannot “reset the defaults” as suggested…

Any suggestions on how to procede ?

thx

the same problem here. running joomla with xampp on windows 7:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 35

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 98

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 142

it also says that it is version 2.0:

Please grab and update files with

Package was updated one more time, now it must render interface and “Reset Default” button ignoring any XML errors. ( after resetting XML, new configuration will have inner validation - so such kind of error will not appear anymore )

Version of component was updated as well. Must show 2.3 now.

Same fatal error with Wordpress.

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/data/c0102373/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 25

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/data/c0102373/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 27

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/data/c0102373/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 34

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in /home/data/c0102373/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 85

Same error once I check the box ‘repeting events’ with the last version.

yes, it shows 2.3 now.

but it is still the error:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 35

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 37

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 101

Fatal error: Call to a member function children() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\components\com_scheduler\codebase\dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php on line 149

Uninstalled version of 15/09
Installed version of 16/09 - all on Joomla 1.5.20

The correct version (2.3) is shown

In the backend : Components>Scheduler Manager and 2 warning/error msgs appear:
There was error during configuration saving. Last stable configuration restored.
Error report saved to “com_scheduler_log.xml”
There was error during configuration saving. Last stable configuration restored.
Error report saved to “com_scheduler_log.xml”

Meanwhile a yellow “ribbon” keeps running in the center of the screen
I cannot see the option to reset all (as suggested in earlier post)
(The tabs for Access Rights, Templates, Event Admin, Custom Fields do NOT open)
Save and the yellow ribbon disappears and the tabs are accessible but still cannot find the reset all option…

In the front-end the Calendar opens without warning/error msgs
The appointments entered earlier show up - I can modify them etc without any problems.

No tests have been done yet with Access Rights - all modifications are done as admin now

It works fine.

Thank you

i think the problem is, that there doesn’t exist a table called ‘joomla.jos_scheduler_options’. that is why the variable $res is a boolean (and not a resource), which can’t be handled by mysql_fetch_assoc().
does the table have to be created while installing the component?
in my database joomla there is NO single table with “scheduler” in its name.

EDIT: OK, my fault. my mysql user’s rights weren’t adequate.

Still no clues for the Wordpress version’s problems?

Both packages updated

Joomla
WP
dhtmlx.com/docs/download/event-c … eduler.zip

Logic was added to apply default configuration if plugin installation has corrupt xml config from previous version.

As for problems with DB - be sure that you are installing component , not just copying files over the old ones. ( its not critical for WP, where deactivating|activating is enough ) If you just copied files - the configuration update was not applied correctly, which can result in db error.

Something went very wrong: I tried uploading the “patched” version of the plugin, but it gives me this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/data/c0102373/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/data/c0102373/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler-3/scheduler.php on line 51

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/data/c0102373/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/data/c0102373/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler-3/scheduler.php on line 51

And now I have a folder in my “public_html” called “event-calendar-scheduler_patch” that I can’t delete. And a strange folder in the same directory: “http/” (which I can delete).

Any thoughts?

How you are installing the plugin

a)
You can go into admin settings, disable and remove old version of plugin, upload and activate new version

or

b) replace files in plugins/event-calendar-scheduler with files from provided package

In any scenario plugin will not create any folders