Event editor is messed up with Skin Builder downloads

With the basic color preset Classic/Blue_sky event editor is ok.
When I download some other color preset, editor recurring part is messed up. See attachement!
Martti

Hello,

Can confirm this issue.
As a result of skin builder work you get set of images + dhtmlxscheduler.css file.
You need to change it with default one and link to the page:

[code]

<link rel='STYLESHEET' type='text/css' href='../../codebase/dhtmlxscheduler.css'>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../../codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_ext.css" type="text/css" media="screen" title="no title" charset="utf-8">

<script src="../../codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../../codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.css" type="text/css" title="no title" charset="utf-8">[/code]

If it doesn’t work for you then try changing order of CSS files: global one (dhtmlxscheduler.css), extensions (dhtmlxscheduler._ext.css) and recurring (dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.css).

Best regards,
Ilya

I have made as instructed on Skin Builder page: changed the new css-file an updated pictures.
I have downloaded custom build Scheduler js and css files using these selections:
-recurring events
-Extra serialization API
-Single checkbox, combobox,…
And I get to download only two files: dhtmlxscheduler.js and dhtmlxscheduler.css.
The Scheduler works ok with recurring events, but when closing dhtmlx dialog window containing scheduler, I get errors “dhtmlxdestructor is undefined”.
And more: the event object property event_length is undefined for recurring events!
Page code for loading js and css files is:

[code]

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/dhtmlxscheduler.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8">

<script src="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/locale_fi.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script src="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/locale_recurring_fi.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">window.dhx_globalImgPath="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/imgs/";</script>

[/code]
So I have only one css-file concerning the scheduler. I also have other dhtmlx files on the page.
Please answer my additional questions too.
Martti

And the editor is still messed up!
Martti

Hello, Martti.

In your case you need to include:

1. CSS file which was generated for custom build
  2. CSS file from the skin builder

We will look into this matter and probably improve skin builder so it’s CSS file would be enough for whole scheduler.

If this issue is still actual please include some sample so we could reproduce error.

Best regards,
Ilya

Ok, now the editor displays correctly with IE8 too. I sorted out the js syntax problem with IE8.
But I still get error “dhtmlx.destructor is undefined” (at dhtmlx.js), IE says ‘dhtmlx.destructors.length’ is null or not an object dhtmlx.js, line 3754 character 53 (code “a<dhtmlx.destructors.length”)
How to correct this? Please help!
Martti

Hello,

(at dhtmlx.js)

With scheduler included I believe you don’t need to include dhtmlx.js. If it doesn’t help please provide full list of files you are attaching on the page.

Kind regards,
Ilya

OK, leaving out dhtmlx.js solves the issue with the error “dhtmlx.destructor is undefined”.
I am planning to save each event using my own code on onEventSave/onEventChanged/etc. events. I am testing those events and monitor the properties of scheduler inner events.
If I first save a recurring event and then change it:
Properties dump at onEventSave is:

1306823958937/Uusi tapahtuma111/Mon May 30 2011 07:00:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)/Mon May 30 2011 08:30:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)/week_1___1,2,3,4,5#no/STARTUP/undefined

Properties dump at onEventChanged is:

1306823958937/Uusi tapahtuma111/Mon May 30 2011 07:00:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)/Mon Feb 01 9999 00:00:00 GMT+0200 (FLE Standard Time)/week_1___1,2,3,4,5#no/STARTUP/5400

Why are properties different? At the first save of recurring event, the properties are similar at onEventSave event (=like non-recurring event), but it saves as recurring and XML includes all the recurring events properties.
But if I FIRST create a non-recurring event, and then recurring event, property “event_length” is missing from the XML:

<data><event> <start_date><![CDATA[2011-05-30 06:00]]></start_date> <end_date><![CDATA[2011-05-30 07:30]]></end_date> <text><![CDATA[Uusi tapahtuma]]></text> <id><![CDATA[1306824437764]]></id> <rec_pattern><![CDATA[]]></rec_pattern> <rec_type><![CDATA[]]></rec_type> <stage><![CDATA[STARTUP]]></stage> </event> <event> <start_date><![CDATA[2011-05-30 09:00]]></start_date> <end_date><![CDATA[9999-02-01 00:00]]></end_date> <text><![CDATA[Uusi tapahtuma]]></text> <id><![CDATA[1306824437771]]></id> <rec_pattern><![CDATA[week_1___1,2,3,4]]></rec_pattern> <rec_type><![CDATA[week_1___1,2,3,4#no]]></rec_type> <stage><![CDATA[MONITOR]]></stage> </event></data>
When changing the recurring event, property “event_length” is present in onEventChanged event. But is missing from XML.
This is a bit confusing. Please, can you explain if there is an issue?

Hello,

Recurring extension sets it’s own handlers for different events including onEventSave where it roll backs dates (and adds event length).

Best regards,
Ilya

I think you did not read my reply carefully. This XML of recurring event is incomplete. It DOES NOT CONTAIN PROPERY “event_length”.

<event> <start_date><![CDATA[2011-05-30 09:00]]></start_date> <end_date><![CDATA[9999-02-01 00:00]]></end_date> <text><![CDATA[Uusi tapahtuma]]></text> <id><![CDATA[1306824437771]]></id> <rec_pattern><![CDATA[week_1___1,2,3,4]]></rec_pattern> <rec_type><![CDATA[week_1___1,2,3,4#no]]></rec_type> <stage><![CDATA[MONITOR]]></stage> </event>
This happens when I first save a non-recurring event and then create a recurring event in the same scheduler.
:confused: Martti

How and at what point do you create XML?

Best regards,
Ilya

First I initialize the Sheduler. Then I make one non-recurring event and after that one recurring event. I display XML using js code

alert(scheduler.toXML());

Now in XML “event_length” is missing, but “end_date” is ok!
When saving the recurring event at the first time, the event properties are at “onEventSave” event:

1306904611313/Uusi tapahtuma/Mon May 30 2011 10:00:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)/Mon May 30 2011 11:30:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)/week_1___1,2,3#no/MONITOR/undefined

=> Property “event_length” is MISSING and “end_date” is WRONG!
If I change the recurring event, it initiates “onEventSave” event with same wrong properties and “onEventChanged” with correct properties:

1306904611313/Uusi tapahtuma222/Mon May 30 2011 10:00:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)/Mon Feb 01 9999 00:00:00 GMT+0200 (FLE Standard Time)/week_1___1,2,3#no/MONITOR/5400

Something is wrong!
:cry: Martti

Hello, Martti.

Thank you very much for this report. The problem was caused by the way serialization extension was forming list of properties to export (you can redefine it if that’s required) as additional properties were not created for usual events.

Try replacing your dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.js file with the attached one.

Kind regards,
Ilya
dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.zip (4.77 KB)

I cannot use that file with my custom built package, it gives error “too much recursion”. And if I use the basic dhtmlx files to build similar package like this (your file dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.js)

<script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/dhtmlxscheduler.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/dhtmlxscheduler_multiselect.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/dhtmlxscheduler_serialize.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <link rel="stylesheet" href="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/dhtmlxscheduler.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8"> <link rel="stylesheet" href="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/dhtmlxscheduler_skin.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8"> <script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/locale_fi.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/locale_recurring_fi.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <script type="text/javascript">window.dhx_globalImgPath="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler2/imgs/";</script>
then I get error “document.getElemetById(E[B].id) is null”
:frowning: Martti

Hello,

Does it work if you include original dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.js (from the package)?
Just want to understand where the problem is, is it in mine version of recurring.js

Best regards,
Ilya

I downloaded a fresh copy of v.2.3 Standard Edition package full. If I take the following files from distribution folder /codebase and /codebase/ext

<script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler_multiselect.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler_serialize.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <script src="{CONFmaindir}/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
Then I get the same error message. AND my custom selection part does not show at all!
:frowning: Martti

From what file?

Best regards,
Ilya

The error comes from dhtmlxscheduler.js file!

now the error is "document.getElemetById(F[A].id) is null"

Martti

Hello,

Please provide full list of files you are including.
Doesn’t scheduler even start, so you get that error message from the beginning?

I’ve tried to include scheduler, multiselect, serialize, recurring extensions with latest dev version and original files from the 2.3 package and in both cases it worked correctly.

Can you please create sample (with all the files needed) and attach it here or publish your page on the internet?

Best regards,
Ilya

OK, I got rid of the error. The reason was my custom field “stage” (radio buttons) and I used wrong file. Now I use “dhtmlxscheduler_editors.js” and no errors any more. But the error with recurring events missing properties exists. This is my page code at the moment:

[code]

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

<!-- jquery-core -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="/uute/jquery/jquery-1.4.1.min.js"></script>

<!-- dhtmlx -->

<script src="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script src="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script src="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler_editors.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script src="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler_serialize.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/uute/dhtmlx/dhtmlxscheduler3/dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.css" type="text/css" charset="utf-8">

<title>Weblab</title>
<div id="scheduler_here" class="dhx_cal_container" style='width:100%; height:100%;'>

<div class="dhx_cal_navline">

<div class="dhx_cal_prev_button">&nbsp;</div>

<div class="dhx_cal_next_button">&nbsp;</div>

<div class="dhx_cal_today_button"></div>

<div class="dhx_cal_date"></div>

<div>

<input type="button" name="save" value="Tallenna" onClick="save()" style="right:300px;">

</div>

<div class="dhx_cal_tab" name="day_tab" style="right:204px;"></div>

<div class="dhx_cal_tab" name="week_tab" style="right:140px;"></div>

<div class="dhx_cal_tab" name="month_tab" style="right:76px;"></div>

</div>

<div class="dhx_cal_header">

</div>

<div class="dhx_cal_data">

</div>

</div>

</body>

<style type="text/css" media="screen">

html, body{

margin:0px;

padding:0px;

height:100%;

overflow:hidden;

}

[/code] If I first create a recurring event, properties at onEventSave are [code] 1307424492392/New event/Mon Jun 06 2011 07:00:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)/Mon Jun 06 2011 08:30:00 GMT+0300 (FLE Daylight Time)/week_1___1,2,3#no/STARTUP/undefined [/code] But at XML they are [code] [/code] So they are not same! :unamused: Martti